History Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Globalization

+38
sarahher
rapture_by_GOd robin
David Park
LukeLim1234
Precious You
Jason Kim
Sally Kim
Tom Lee
21cjessie
gracekim
inamesaaalll
Maxene Yu
Mason Park
finnn kimm
Steve Bae
cherink
EstherLee
ChefDaniel
sam
samuel lim
joshua kim
Deena You
Veronica Lim
Johnny Park
yaerimyu
matthew
James
Handsome
ashleylee
aikumagai
Furuya Miku
sophiakim
shoumin
Jeremiah Nam
Enoch
Jenny Yoon~
Ryan Nam
DanielYang
42 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Globalization Empty Globalization

Post  DanielYang Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 am

Every where you look the world is becoming more global. Lots of different countries are moving away from their ancient traditions and seeking new ones, ones of the world. Do you think it is good or bad for a country to become completely globalized.

Dustin

DanielYang

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty ryan nam

Post  Ryan Nam Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:46 am

i think it is good because everythings are changing. for the better future the countrise have to give up their tradition. and the rate of success is greater if they choose globalizing than just stand still and fight for their tradition.

$$$$$$$\..$$\.......$$\.....$$$$$$\....$$\......$$\
$$..__$$\..\$$\....$$..|...$$..__$$.\..$$$\....$$.|
$$.|...$$.|..\$$\.$$../....$$./....$$.|..$$$$\..$$.|
$$$$$$$.|....\$$$$../....$$$$$$$$..|..$$.$$\.$$.|
$$..__$$.|.....\$$../......$$ __.$$..|..$$..\$$$$.|
$$.|...$$.|......$$.|.......$$ |....$$..|..$$.|.\$$$.|
$$.|...$$.|......$$.|.......$$ |....$$..|..$$.|..\$$.|
\__|...\__|......\__|......\__|.....\__|..\__|...\__|

Ryan Nam

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty ha

Post  Jenny Yoon~ Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 am

Now days in Korea; the culture is changing more "westernly" and losing our tradition. For example on holidays the family is supposed to make the food and have a wonderful feast all together. Now, we can see many people go out and buy food. Or watch movies at the theater! According to tradition holidays are supposed to be a holiday so that every one in the family can gather home and have a great time! These days people don't even spend the hollidays with their family and study or do their own biusnesses.
I don't think this is a good view. Turkey! is a country that has a great mixture of tradition and "moving on culture". Turkey is one the countries that many other countries wants to be alike! I think moving on and changing is important but the absolute mixture of tradition+ moving on and changing is the most fiancial way.

Jenny Yoon~

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty globalization

Post  Enoch Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:57 am

Every where you look the world is becoming more global. Lots of different countries are moving away from their ancient traditions and seeking new ones, ones of the world. Do you think it is good or bad for a country to become completely globalized.

I think that a country become completely globalized is bad thing. Of course, globalization is good thing for the human lives. bBecause it connects all over the world by one and we can be more familiar to the unkown other countries' people. We can cooperate each other so that they can make lots of profit. And also, they can mix their technologies, so their technology can become more powerful.
But! Like a Star @ heaven
When you see the history of a country, there is a special things that other countries didn't have. They have their own cultures and languages. And this will make that country more specific and specialize. The other countries will look upward that country who has their own cultures and foods, etc. So, I think that becoming globalization is very good for the whole world, but it is better to have their own cultures, foods, and the other specific things that they only have!

Enoch

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Jeremiah

Post  Jeremiah Nam Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:14 am

Globilzation....

I believe that globalization is kind of great effects that can bee seen on nowadays. However, I believe that we all have cultures and tradition we've been keeping since ages ago, and those will eventually keep our identities as an unique nation that there is only one in the world. For instance, if one says that he's a Korean then his actions, behavior or even his environment should somehow prove that he is a Korean.
Globalization can bring a lot of benefits to the countries and people, however, I believe that it should not be 'over-globalized' till we lost our own identities of nations we belonged.
Jeremiah Nam
Jeremiah Nam

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty David Kim 10-1

Post  shoumin Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 am

Globalization!!

In my opinion,the word "globalization" means be one. I think Globalization will bring more development but I don't want the world to be globalized. In my indivisual view, countries are want to be globalized. When there is an worldly event, one thing that they proclaim is to be a one world ,globalized. The representative event can be the 2008 Beijing Olympic. At that time, the slogan was "One World! One Dream! " I heard that the economis mostly globalized. And I think government will be globalize some day. Not only government but also the religious will be globalized. I don't think that the globalization will bring benefit. Yes, maybe globalization can bring benefit but there will be more disadvantages because of globalization. As I am a christian, I don't think there will be religious free in globalizationed world. I know the world will be globalized but I still disagree that!!!!

shoumin

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty what does globalization mean???

Post  sophiakim Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 am

Thorugh the things that happened is the culture changing. globalization is also one of the keywords in the 21st century. In order to be globalized, we have to understand each others Culture. i think God scattered the language and CULTURE because God has a plan on globaliztion. The people of the 21st century has to make or come to end to fight forthe globalization.

sophiakim

Back to top Go down

Post  Furuya Miku Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 am

I think it's bad but also it's good.
Because it is good to have (become)global country but sametime
it is bad to moving away from the ancient traditinal.
Because I think both have good thing. Smile Smile

Furuya Miku

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty globalization!!

Post  aikumagai Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:33 am

I was irresolute about this topic. which I should choose....

But I think it is good things that losing ancient traditions.
The world is continuing evolution, so I think we should desert old things
if the world evolution ,we have to seek new things, hight technology and fresh idea.
and we can get relationship with people of all over the world because our world is extended by seeking new things. so we can have a lot of information about the world .

aikumagai

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Good and Bad both

Post  ashleylee Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:55 am

I learn about globalization when I was middle school student. And I learn that it is both good and bad. I can't say it is good or bad, so I am going to write both two.

Globalization is good. Some says it promote the global wealth. And we can help each country to country in political, social, and cutural way. So it makes whole world more peaceful. And we can solve or make it better like environmental problem, human rights... etc. Last, it can contribute the improvement of democracy.

But there are problems. The market liberalization(?) is good for developed country. Ultimately, rich will get richer, and the gap between the developed country and less developed country will broaden.

Still there are lots of people arguing this is good or bad.

ashleylee

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty I am SungHan.

Post  Handsome Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:28 am

Actually there are both bad and good things. We could develope for globalization and then we are living comfortably nowadays. Globalization helps us that to get many new culture, goods, informations also to give us more comfortable life. It is good things. Therefore, there are bad things. Most countries lose their own cultures and traditionals. Small and weak countries will change such as some countries that big and strong countries.

Handsome

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty James Kim 10-2

Post  James Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:03 am

Globalization

In my opinion globalization is black, white and yellow people can communication,convenient communication and transportation
example we can conversation with other foreigns and other country development good things after they inport that things and we can chat with another country in own's house and In american send text to me
I can get easy and quick
I think that is globalization all people can communication, covenient communication and covenient transportation

Thanks

James

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty matt

Post  matthew Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:26 am

I think globalization is good. Nowadays, there was a super earthquake in japan. Many people died and most of building was destroyed. To reform Japan themsleves will be very hard. Therefore many other countries are helping to revival. It can be one of the good point of glabalization. On the other hand, many wars are occuring and a lot of people are dying. However, we can reduce confliction between nation and nation as do glabalization. Then, we can live more peacefully.

matthew

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Yaerimyu(10-1)

Post  yaerimyu Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 am

It could be both good or bad.

for good there are many good stuff(example for some kind of behavior) from other country that helps your country develope. and those could change really big~~ but one that have to becarful is that not to learn bad stuff from that country what we try to learn

but for the bad thing is that those good stuff can make your country to forget their own historical stuff. that means many traditional stuff will be gone.

so personally think is good more bacause without receiving anything about other it could be really poor on developeing but not too much!!

yaerimyu

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty 10-2 Johnny Park

Post  Johnny Park Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:00 am

I think that Globalization is good. Because Globalization important!
If there were not Globalization, each country will be fighting.
Presently these countries help each other. We have to preserve Globalization!
I think that helping Japan is same thing to mean. Bye

Johnny Park

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Veronica Lim

Post  Veronica Lim Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 am

In the past time, Korea was not have good economy. So i'm sure about our country developed by globalization. But when our country developed, we had some problem from it.
When we are just on only developing, many people will want only new things, like when the matterial that we never seen it, it began sell only in other country, people will be want to buy it and many people will just follow others, and it is the one of the problem that people will lose their personality. And when the internet started, people started to talk through the internet and cellphones, when they used it, they did not just use thier own words, they created new words. So also in Korea, many people do not know how to write the words and other things. Same as culture, When we just pursue the 'new' things, people will not have interest in 'old things'. Many own cultures in danger from it. People want to fast and more like living their life easier, They would not make 'slow things'.
Globalization is one of the important part to our life, but we need to think about what they are effecting to our life, culture and our personality.Also we need to live our life not only for money, other things that we can not buy it. Surprised

Veronica Lim

Back to top Go down

Post  Deena You Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 am

i believe it is has more positive influence to everyone. through globalization, the world will know each other and share their thoughts. It will bring good, or great conclusions to many different problems, with many other solutions from many different people. i think it's suppose to be going that way. People can meet as a country to country, or group to group, or person to person. Long tme ago, When it was hard to trade or to visit other far away country, the things like pepper ( main product of country) was expensive as a gold. but now, as all the countries gt together and know each other, there are variety of options, and possibilities.
so, this is like trade, and language & culture exchange.
Globalization, we should also look into many different choices, should not just deped on one.

Deena You

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty joshua kim 10-3

Post  joshua kim Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 am

globalization is world is coming like one.
we are the one.
all nations are one
we are brother
i love you teacher

joshua kim

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty samuel lim 10-1

Post  samuel lim Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:49 am

Globalization is the unit the world. Advantage thing is it develop the world. Likewise, if one of influence country got economical problem. Then, every country got same problem. I think it is not good. The globalization influence so much. For example, we have to learn other language. Also, we study other cultures. Thus, the country lost their own culture.

samuel lim

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Globalization- Sam Shim

Post  sam Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 am

We can not say the globalization is good or bad.
However, there are some problems about globalization.
First, when the people try to make their country global, people
may forget their culture. Globalization bring the new brand culture to the people.
People will feel the culture is curious and good. Because, the new culture makes
the people to think to accept the culture.
For the conclusion, I think the globalization may delete(remove) the old culture.

sam

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty 10-3 Daniel Choi

Post  ChefDaniel Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 am

Globilzation
I think globilzation is very good because globilzation can do make one nation
and received the another country culture, help to another country
I thing globilzation is very good.

ChefDaniel

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Golbalization

Post  EstherLee Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:36 am

World became one big nation. But some country became wealthy country but some country became poorer and poorer. When people care each other with love and has little sacrifice, everyone will not being poverty and starving.

EstherLee

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty cherin

Post  cherink Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:21 am

I think being globalization have a negative side for every nations sometimes.
The thing is that, a country cna lose of its culture when they get lots of different cultures from others.
As a Korean, I have seen lots of Korean traditional things are missing right now, through the globalization.
For example, the way Korean people used to dress, event, and eat.
It's good to be sort of united as a world, but on the other hand, there will be no more unique, different cultures
in this world.

cherink

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Globalization - Steve Bae

Post  Steve Bae Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 am

i think that is bad because
if many things will change, then our tradition will disappear.
That means the korea can not keep our antient culture.
so we need to our history to keep our things.
And another side, many other countries will get different culture each other.
And we will not controll all nation.

Steve Bae

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty ming

Post  finnn kimm Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 am

The world became a one country now.Lots of people move to other countries and live their lives.They get the job in foreign country where he was not born and get marriage and live.Therefore lots of different kind of people live in one country.It means world had become one country.Therefore we should learn English to be a globel person.

finnn kimm

Back to top Go down

Globalization Empty Re: Globalization

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next